Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/11] Consolidate ref parsing code

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 01:23:04 +0200

On 10/16/2014 10:47 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> This is a rif on Duy's oldish patch series [1]. I started reviewing
>> his patch series, but found that some of his patches did multiple
>> things, making it harder to review. I started pulling it apart into
>> smaller changes to aid my review, and I guess I got carried away :-/
> 
> Hmmm...
> 
> You are aware of another large change in flight in the same area,
> and after having reviewed that series a few times I was hoping that
> you would have a better understanding of how ready the other topic
> is.  And then I see this series that conflicts with that other
> topic.  Is this your way to say that the other topic is not quite
> ready?

No, not at all. To be honest, I thought that the changes in this patch
series were localized in an area different than Ronnie and Jonathan's
patches were touching, but stupidly I didn't check for conflicts. Sorry
about that.

There is nothing urgent in this patch series, so I suggest we just put
it back on ice and I will reroll after the dust has settled on
rs/ref-transactions. The conflicts shouldn't be super hard to resolve
(the series don't overlap much *conceptually*), but I'd rather not have
to do it multiple times.

Regarding rs/ref-transaction, I will reply on that thread.

Michael

-- 
Michael Haggerty
[email-masked]