Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] git-am: add --message-id/--no-message-id options

From: Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:01:34 +0100

On 25/11/2014 17:27, Christian Couder wrote:
>> > From: Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]>
>> >
>> > This series adds a --message-id option to git-mailinfo and git-am.
>> > git-am also gets an am.messageid configuration key to set the default,
>> > and a --no-message-id option to override the configuration key.
>> > (I'm not sure of the usefulness of a mailinfo.messageid option, so
>> > I left it out; this follows the example of -k instead of --scissors).
>> >
>> > This option can be useful in order to associate commit messages with
>> > mailing list discussions.
>> >
>> > If both --message-id and -s are specified, the Signed-off-by goes
>> > last.  This is coming out more or less naturally out of the git-am
>> > implementation, but is also tested in t4150-am.sh.
> Did you have a look at git interpret-trailers currently in master?

Hmm, now I have.

As far as I understand, all the git-am hooks are called on the commit
rather than the incoming email: all headers are lost by the time
git-mailinfo exits, including the Message-Id.  And you cannot call any
hook before git-mailinfo because git-mailinfo is where the
Content-Transfer-Encoding is processed.

How would you integrate git-interpret-trailers in git-mailinfo?

Paolo