Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] t: fix cases where output breaks TAP format

From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2025 11:12:45 +0100

On 07/05/2025 07:52, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2025 at 02:17:09PM +0100, Phillip Wood wrote:
>
>> I think there is an argument that these tests are broken and we should be
>> running these commands inside test_expect_success(). However this patch
>> doesn't make things substantially worse because although we lose the output
>> from test_create_repo that probably isn't going to matter. The changes to
>> the highlighting prereq look fine too.
> 
> Yeah, agreed, our modern style when writing tests should always use
> `test_expect_success()` indeed. So an alternative to this commit would
> thus be to use `test_expect_success()` as you propose. Let me know your
> preference, I'm happy to adapt if you think this is preferable.

If you feel like re-rolling using test_expect_success() that would 
definitely be an improvement but I don't think your patch makes things 
worse than they already are so don't feel you have to.

Thanks

Phillip