Subject: saving "git push --signed" certificate blobs

From: Sitaram Chamarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 09:39:42 +0530

Hello,

Just wanted to say there's a little script at [1] that saves the certificate
blobs generated on the server side by "git push --signed".

Quoting from the source:

# Collects the cert blob on push and saves it, then, if a certain number of
# signed pushes have been seen, processes all the "saved" blobs in one go,
# adding them to the special ref 'refs/push-certs'.  This is done in a way
# that allows searching for all the certs pertaining to one specific branch
# (thanks to Junio Hamano for this idea plus general brainstorming).

Note that although I posted it in the gitolite ML, this has very little to do
with gitolite.  Any git server can use it, with only one very minor change [2]
needed.

sitaram

[1]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gitolite/7cSrU6JorEY

[2]: Either set the GL_OPTIONS_GPC_PENDING environment variable by reading its
value from 'git config', or replace the only line that uses that variable, with
some other "test".