Subject: git svn import failure : write .git/Git_svn_hash_BmjclS: Bad file descriptor

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:13:17 -0800

Similar to the issue mintywalker originally mentioned on Jan 8th 2015, 
during a "git svn clone" I get a Bad File Descriptor error using:

git-svn version 2.2.2 (svn 1.8.8) on Ubuntu 14.04.

<snip>
r460 = 456377de3906d689c56e51af842e18abe086a980 (refs/remotes/origin/trunk)
         A       client/binary/App_Client_v2.1.2.exe
r461 = 36848dbb7f417da2e381b61b68ff7b0d22a5bf7f (refs/remotes/origin/trunk)
write .git/Git_svn_hash_0WWL4a: Bad file descriptor
  at /usr/lib/perl5/SVN/Ra.pm line 623.

$ svn diff --diff-cmd diff -c 461
Index: client/binary/App_Client_v2.1.2.exe
===================================================================
Cannot display: file marked as a binary type.
svn:mime-type = application/octet-stream
Index: client/binary/App_Client_v2.1.2.exe
===================================================================
--- client/binary/App_Client_v2.1.2.exe    (revision 0)
+++ client/binary/App_Client_v2.1.2.exe    (revision 461)

Property changes on: client/binary/App_Client_v2.1.2.exe
___________________________________________________________________
Added: svn:mime-type
## -0,0 +1 ##
+application/octet-stream
\ No newline at end of property

Not sure if it helps or not, but here is the commit immediately after 
that one:

$ svn diff --diff-cmd diff -c 462
Index: interface/help/App_Client.exe
===================================================================
--- interface/help/App_Client.exe  (revision 0)
+++ interface/help/App_Client.exe  (revision 462)
@@ -0,0 +1 @@
+link ../../client/binary/App_Client_v2.1.2.exe
\ No newline at end of file

Property changes on: interface/help/App_Client.exe
___________________________________________________________________
Added: svn:special
## -0,0 +1 ##
+*
\ No newline at end of property

Unfortunately the repository is private, but it seems like a pretty 
simple commit that is causing the problem?

If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks.

-- 
Mike