Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Fixes _is_git

From: Rémi Rampin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 10:52:25 -0500

2015-02-02 12:24 UTC-05:00, Remi Rampin <[email-masked]>:
>>  proc _is_git {path} {
>> +       if {[file isfile $path]} {
>> +               set fp [open $path r]
>> +               gets $fp line
>> +               close $fp
>> +               if {[regexp "^gitdir: (.+)$" $line line link_target]} {

2015-02-03 3:44 UTC-05:00, Chris Packham <[email-masked]>:
> It might be simpler to use one of the 'string' commands e.g. string
> wordend "gitdir: " I also suspect the string functions would be faster
> than regexp but that probably doesn't matter.

I want to check that the file actually begins with "gitdir: " and then
extract the path, so I'm not sure if using string functions is that
simple/fast.

>> +                       return [_is_git [file join [file dirname $path] $link_target]]

> Do we want to avoid pathological cases of infinite recursion? Someone
> would have to maliciously create such a situation.

Limiting the recursion is very simple, but I'm not sure people are
supposed to stumble on that. More importantly this probably calls for a
different error message, thus a new error result that I am not ready to
implement. But it could be another patch.
But I suppose I can add a simple "return 0" limit to the recursion if
needed, let me know.