Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v3 0/7] cpu: add device_add foo-x86_64-cpu support

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 08:25:39 -0700

[adding git list to cc]

On 02/05/2015 04:49 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 03:27:23PM +0800, Zhu Guihua wrote:
>> This series is based on the previous patchset from Chen Fan:
>> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-05/msg02360.html
> 
> This email has an invalid charset:
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="y"
> 
> I guess you entered "y" when asked how the message was encoded.
> 
> Please don't do that, it means we can only guess at the charset.

In the past, people made a similar problem when 'git send-email' was
asking if a message was in-reply-to something else (the number of
messages incorrectly threaded to a message-id of 'y' or 'n' was evidence
of the poor quality of the question).  git.git commit 51bbccfd1b4a
corrected that problem.  Sounds like charset encoding is another case
where the interactive parser should be taught to balk at nonsense
encoding answers?

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org