Subject: Re: EOL handling (EGit/svn/Windows)

From: Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 06:49:33 +0100

On 02/09/2015 11:22 PM, Piotr Krukowiecki wrote:
 >Any other suggestions?

My, somewhat personally, suggestion:
If there is more than one developer, don't use core.autocrlf at all-
it is a local setting, which doesn't travel through the repo, and
is slightly different in Git Egit, depending on the version.

Git for Windows has it enabled by default, Cygwin has not.

Which Git versions are you using ?
How many people are there involved, how many on Windows, how many on Linux ?
Do you want to commit to svn, or is this a one-time conversion ?

If it is a one-time conversion, and you continue to work in Git only,
then the cleanest, most portable and future proof way is to use the 
.gitattributes file,
add that to the repo, do the normalization  and push.
A line like this:
* text=auto
is the easiest way.

Have a look at
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gitattributes.html
take a tee or coffee, do some experiments first with a dummy repo,
but all the client OS/Gits involved.
Please let us know the result (or feel free to ask more questions)