Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] nd/multiple-work-trees updates

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:51:07 +1300

Am 13.02.2015 um 11:57 schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy  <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> These patches are on top of what's in 'pu'. They add
>> --ignore-other-worktrees and make a note about current submodule
>> support status. I don't think submodule support is ready yet even
>> with Max Kirillov's series [1]. His 03/03 is already fixed in 'pu'
>> though, so only 01/03 and 02/03 are new.
>>
>> [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/261107
>
> With the understanding (perhaps a strongly-worded paragraph in the
> release notes) that this is not suitable for submodule users yet,
> is this in a good enough shape to go to 'next'?

No objections from my side (and maybe we should also add a warning
that *all* worktree-related configuration - e.g. EOL options - are
currently always shared between all worktrees).

Adding submodule support can then be done in another series (and
renaming core.worktree to something else is definitely *not* the
way to do that! ;-).