Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] nd/multiple-work-trees updates

From: Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 22:17:14 -0500

On 02/12/2015 06:51 PM, Jens Lehmann wrote:
> Am 13.02.2015 um 11:57 schrieb Junio C Hamano:
>> Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> These patches are on top of what's in 'pu'. They add
>>> --ignore-other-worktrees and make a note about current submodule
>>> support status. I don't think submodule support is ready yet even
>>> with Max Kirillov's series [1]. His 03/03 is already fixed in 'pu'
>>> though, so only 01/03 and 02/03 are new.
>>>
>>> [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/261107
>>
>> With the understanding (perhaps a strongly-worded paragraph in the
>> release notes) that this is not suitable for submodule users yet,
>> is this in a good enough shape to go to 'next'?
>
> No objections from my side (and maybe we should also add a warning
> that *all* worktree-related configuration - e.g. EOL options - are
> currently always shared between all worktrees).
>
> Adding submodule support can then be done in another series (and
> renaming core.worktree to something else is definitely *not* the
> way to do that! ;-).
>
I concur the patch series is good enough for next. Better multiple 
worktree support for submodules is, I think, a sizeable topic that will 
take a while to settle, so should be worked after this base is integrated.

Mark