Subject: Re: [PATCH] git=p4.py rebase now honor's client spec

From: Luke Diamand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 08:13:54 +0000

On 19/03/15 21:58, brian m. carlson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:28:09PM +0000, Sam Bishop wrote:
>> When using the git-p4.py script, I found that if I used a client spec when
>> cloning out a perforce repository, and then using a git-p4.py rebase, that
>> the rebase command would be using the current perforce client spec,
>> instead of the one used when doing the initial clone. My proposed patch
>> causes the rebase command to switch to the perforce client spec used when
>> doing the initial git-p4.py clone.
>>

That's very useful, thanks. I've noticed that behaviour in the past and 
always thought it ought to be fixed. As Brian notes, it needs a 
"Signed-off" line in the patch.

A very small nit: could you prefix the subject with "git p4:" so that 
it's consistent with other recent git-p4 changes - it makes it easier to 
pick them out when reviewing changes.

Could you run the git-p4 unit tests on it please (t/t98*)? I could be 
wrong about this, but it looks to me like t9806-git-p4-options.sh 
doesn't pass now with this change (*)

Thanks!
Luke

(*) There's at least one test that doesn't pass anyway, but this seems 
to be new.