Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] l10n: de.po: use "bla …" instead of "bla..."

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:29:38 +0100

Ralf Thielow venit, vidit, dixit 21.03.2015 22:21:
> Am 21. März 2015 um 13:52 schrieb Phillip Sz <[email-masked]>:
>>
>> I think we should use it like this, as most open-source projects do.
>> Also we should use a space before the three dots as per http://www.duden.de/sprachwissen/rechtschreibregeln/auslassungspunkte
>>
> 
> I don't think this rule of ellipsis applies here as the dots are meant
> to be a pattern to tell users that an argument can be passed multiple
> times.
> 

"..." is used in (at least) 2 cases:

* ellipsis
* continuation arguments

The patch changes both, but the Duden rule applies to the first case
only (and is different from "legacy rules", I think).

Also, you might want to check the format of other commit messages and
reword yours accordingly.

Michael