Subject: Re: Clone from shallow bundle bug

From: Phillip Susi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 08:53:30 -0400

On 4/1/2015 5:55 AM, Duy Nguyen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 4:10 AM, Phillip Susi <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
>> 
>> I made a shallow clone of my repo, then used git bundle create to
>> pack it all into a bundle file, then cloned from that bundle.
>> The initial shallow clone has a .git/shallow file that identifies
>> it as a shallow clone ( and I guess keeps things from complaining
>> about the missing history ), but the the repo cloned from the
>> bundle does not,
> 
> You made me worry a bit. We have checks in clone and fetch to make 
> sure the result is "good" (i.e. gitk should not complain,
> clone/fetch should report it instead). Unfortunately I tested and
> it seemed to work as expected (i.e. clone fails)
> 
> $ LANG=C ./git clone ./shallow.bundle  shallow2 Cloning into
> 'shallow2'... Receiving objects: 100% (2813/2813), 5.33 MiB | 0
> bytes/s, done. Resolving deltas: 100% (250/250), done. Checking
> connectivity... error: Could not read 
> 50a3ba22454e2989424d5de489de9c0f68fed5ec fatal: Failed to traverse
> parents of commit c73a8a63134734ddf7077d09355a10a0077ed2ca fatal:
> remote did not send all necessary objects

Strange; it works fine for me using git 1.9.4.msysgit.1, and then I
just get the complaints from gitk.  I created the bundle with no
prereq argument, i.e. "git bundle create shallow.bundle".  Did you use
a prereq argument?