Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] git-p4: Improve client path detection

From: Luke Diamand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 20:27:11 +0100

On 28/03/15 12:28, Vitor Antunes wrote:
> I'm adding a test case for a scenario I was confronted with when using branch
> detection and a client view specification. It is possible that the implemented
> fix may not cover all possible scenarios, but there is no regression in the
> available tests.

Vitor, one thing I wondered about with this part of the change:

-            if entry["depotFile"] == depotPath:
+            if entry["depotFile"].find(depotPath) >= 0:

Does this mean that if 'p4 where' produces multiple lines of output that 
this will get confused, as it's just going to search for an instance of 
depotPath.

The example in the Perforce man page for 'p4 where' would trigger this 
for example:

http://www.perforce.com/perforce/r14.2/manuals/cmdref/p4_where.html

-//a/b/file.txt //client/a/b/file.txt //home/user/root/a/b/file.txt
//a/b/file.txt //client/b/file.txt /home/user/root/b/file.txt

As an experiment, I hacked git-p4 to always use p4Where rather than 
getClientRoot(), which I would have thought ought to work, but while 
most of the tests passed, Pete's client-spec torture tests failed.

Luke

>
> Vitor Antunes (2):
>    git-p4: Check branch detection and client view together
>    git-p4: Improve client path detection when branches are used
>
>   git-p4.py                |   11 ++++--
>   t/t9801-git-p4-branch.sh |   98 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>   2 files changed, 105 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>