Subject: Re:

From: Thomas Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 23:58:58 +0200

Am 08.04.2015 um 22:44 schrieb Mamta Upadhyay:
> Hi git team,

(CC'ing msysgit as this is the git for windows list)

Hi Mamta,

> I tried to research everywhere on a issue I am facing and emailing you
> as the last resource. This is critical for me and I needed your help.
> 
> I am trying to run the latest git 1.9.5 installer on windows. When I
> run strings on libneon-25.dll it shows this:
> 
> ./libneon-25.dll:            OpenSSL 1.0.1h 5 Jun 2014
> 
> But when I load this dll in dependency walker, it picks up
> msys-openssl 1.0.1m and has no trace of openssl-1.0.1h. My questions
> to you:
> 
> 1. Is libneon-25.dll statically linked with openssl-1.0.1h?
> 2. If not, where is the reference to 1.0.1h coming from?

I would be suprised if we link openssl statically into libneon. I guess
libneon just reports against which openssl version it was *built*.

> I am asked to rebuild git with libneon-25.dll linked against
> openssl-1.0.1m. But I am having a feeling that this is not needed,
> since libneon is already picking the latest openssl version. Can you
> please confirm?

You can download the development enviroment for git for windows here
[1]. After installation, checkout the msys branch and then you can try
to recomplile libneon using /src/subversion/release.sh.

[1]:
https://github.com/msysgit/msysgit/releases/download/Git-1.9.5-preview20150319/msysGit-netinstall-1.9.5-preview20150319.exe

Hope that helps
Thomas

-- 
-- 
*** Please reply-to-all at all times ***
*** (do not pretend to know who is subscribed and who is not) ***
*** Please avoid top-posting. ***
The msysGit Wiki is here: https://github.com/msysgit/msysgit/wiki - Github accounts are free.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "msysGit" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email-masked]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email-masked]
For more options, and view previous threads, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/msysgit?hl=en_US?hl=en

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git for Windows" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.