Subject: [PATCH 1/3] t0027: Cleanup: rename functions, avoid TABs

From: Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 19:00:28 +0200

Make more clear what the tests are doing:
  commit_check_warn():
    Commit files and checks for conversion warnings.
    Old name: create_file_in_repo()

  checkout_files():
    Checkout files from the repo and check if they have
    the appropriate line endings in the work space.
    Old name: check_files_in_ws()

Replace non-leading TABS with spaces

Signed-off-by: Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]>
---
Before this changes manage to stay on the "FINO" stack
(First In, Never Out), I send them as RFC.

 t/t0027-auto-crlf.sh | 184 +++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------------
 1 file changed, 92 insertions(+), 92 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/t0027-auto-crlf.sh b/t/t0027-auto-crlf.sh
index 452320d..5858397 100755
--- a/t/t0027-auto-crlf.sh
+++ b/t/t0027-auto-crlf.sh
@@ -68,7 +68,7 @@ check_warning () {
 	esac
 }
 
-create_file_in_repo () {
+commit_check_warn () {
 	crlf=$1
 	attr=$2
 	lfname=$3
@@ -109,7 +109,7 @@ check_files_in_repo () {
 }

-check_files_in_ws () {
+checkout_files () {
 	eol=$1
 	crlf=$2
 	attr=$3
@@ -169,40 +169,40 @@ test_expect_success 'setup master' '
 warn_LF_CRLF="LF will be replaced by CRLF"
 warn_CRLF_LF="CRLF will be replaced by LF"
 
-test_expect_success 'add files empty attr' '
-	create_file_in_repo false ""     ""        ""        ""        ""        "" &&
-	create_file_in_repo true  ""     "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" ""        "" &&
-	create_file_in_repo input ""     ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        ""
+test_expect_success 'commit files empty attr' '
+	commit_check_warn false ""     ""        ""        ""        ""        "" &&
+	commit_check_warn true  ""     "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" ""        "" &&
+	commit_check_warn input ""     ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        ""
 '
 
-test_expect_success 'add files attr=auto' '
-	create_file_in_repo false "auto" ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        "" &&
-	create_file_in_repo true  "auto" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" ""        "" &&
-	create_file_in_repo input "auto" ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        ""
+test_expect_success 'commit files attr=auto' '
+	commit_check_warn false "auto" ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        "" &&
+	commit_check_warn true  "auto" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" ""        "" &&
+	commit_check_warn input "auto" ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        ""
 '
 
-test_expect_success 'add files attr=text' '
-	create_file_in_repo false "text" ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        "CRLF_LF" &&
-	create_file_in_repo true  "text" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" "LF_CRLF" ""        &&
-	create_file_in_repo input "text" ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        "CRLF_LF"
+test_expect_success 'commit files attr=text' '
+	commit_check_warn false "text" ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        "CRLF_LF" &&
+	commit_check_warn true  "text" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" "LF_CRLF" ""        &&
+	commit_check_warn input "text" ""        "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF" ""        "CRLF_LF"
 '
 
-test_expect_success 'add files attr=-text' '
-	create_file_in_repo false "-text" ""       ""        ""        ""        "" &&
-	create_file_in_repo true  "-text" ""       ""        ""        ""        "" &&
-	create_file_in_repo input "-text" ""       ""        ""        ""        ""
+test_expect_success 'commit files attr=-text' '
+	commit_check_warn false "-text" ""       ""        ""        ""        "" &&
+	commit_check_warn true  "-text" ""       ""        ""        ""        "" &&
+	commit_check_warn input "-text" ""       ""        ""        ""        ""
 '
 
-test_expect_success 'add files attr=lf' '
-	create_file_in_repo false "lf"    ""       "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF"  ""       "CRLF_LF" &&
-	create_file_in_repo true  "lf"    ""       "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF"  ""       "CRLF_LF" &&
-	create_file_in_repo input "lf"    ""       "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF"  ""       "CRLF_LF"
+test_expect_success 'commit files attr=lf' '
+	commit_check_warn false "lf"    ""       "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF"  ""       "CRLF_LF" &&
+	commit_check_warn true  "lf"    ""       "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF"  ""       "CRLF_LF" &&
+	commit_check_warn input "lf"    ""       "CRLF_LF" "CRLF_LF"  ""       "CRLF_LF"
 '
 
-test_expect_success 'add files attr=crlf' '
-	create_file_in_repo false "crlf" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" "LF_CRLF" "" &&
-	create_file_in_repo true  "crlf" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" "LF_CRLF" "" &&
-	create_file_in_repo input "crlf" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" "LF_CRLF" ""
+test_expect_success 'commit files attr=crlf' '
+	commit_check_warn false "crlf" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" "LF_CRLF" "" &&
+	commit_check_warn true  "crlf" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" "LF_CRLF" "" &&
+	commit_check_warn input "crlf" "LF_CRLF" ""        "LF_CRLF" "LF_CRLF" ""
 '
 
 test_expect_success 'create files cleanup' '
@@ -237,7 +237,7 @@ test_expect_success 'commit -text' '
 ################################################################################
 # Check how files in the repo are changed when they are checked out
 # How to read the table below:
-# - check_files_in_ws will check multiple files with a combination of settings
+# - checkout_files will check multiple files with a combination of settings
 #   and attributes (core.autocrlf=input is forbidden with core.eol=crlf)
 # - parameter $1 : core.eol               lf | crlf
 # - parameter $2 : core.autocrlf          false | true | input
@@ -249,8 +249,8 @@ test_expect_success 'commit -text' '
 # - parameter $8 : reference for a file with CRLF and a NUL (should be handled as binary when auto)
 
 #                                            What we have in the repo:
-#                														 ----------------- EOL in repo ----------------
-#                														 LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+#                                            ----------------- EOL in repo ----------------
+#                                            LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
 #                   settings with checkout:
 #                   core.   core.   .gitattr
 #                    eol     acrlf
@@ -268,68 +268,68 @@ NL=LF
 fi
 export CRLF_MIX_LF_CR MIX NL
 
-check_files_in_ws    lf      false  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      true   ""       CRLF  CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      input  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      false "auto"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      true  "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      input "auto"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      false "text"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      true  "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      input "text"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      false "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      true  "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      input "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      false "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      true  "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      input "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      false "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      true  "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    lf      input "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    false  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    true   ""       CRLF  CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    false "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    true  "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    false "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    true  "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    false "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    true  "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    false "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    true  "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    false "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    crlf    true  "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-
-check_files_in_ws    ""      false  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      true   ""       CRLF  CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      input  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      false "auto"    $NL   CRLF  $MIX_CRLF_LF LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      true  "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      input "auto"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      false "text"    $NL   CRLF  $MIX_CRLF_LF $MIX_LF_CR   CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      true  "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      input "text"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      false "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      true  "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      input "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      false "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      true  "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      input "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      false "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      true  "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    ""      input "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-
-check_files_in_ws    native  false  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  true   ""       CRLF  CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  false "auto"    $NL   CRLF  $MIX_CRLF_LF LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  true  "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  false "text"    $NL   CRLF  $MIX_CRLF_LF $MIX_LF_CR   CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  true  "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  false "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  true  "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  false "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  true  "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  false "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
-check_files_in_ws    native  true  "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      false  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      true   ""       CRLF  CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      input  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      false "auto"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      true  "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      input "auto"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      false "text"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      true  "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      input "text"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      false "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      true  "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      input "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      false "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      true  "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      input "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      false "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      true  "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    lf      input "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+
+checkout_files    crlf    false  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    true   ""       CRLF  CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    false "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    true  "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    false "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    true  "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    false "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    true  "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    false "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    true  "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    false "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    crlf    true  "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+
+checkout_files    ""      false  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      true   ""       CRLF  CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      input  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      false "auto"    $NL   CRLF  $MIX_CRLF_LF LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      true  "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      input "auto"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      false "text"    $NL   CRLF  $MIX_CRLF_LF $MIX_LF_CR   CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      true  "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      input "text"    LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      false "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      true  "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      input "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      false "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      true  "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      input "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      false "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      true  "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    ""      input "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+
+checkout_files    native  false  ""       LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  true   ""       CRLF  CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  false "auto"    $NL   CRLF  $MIX_CRLF_LF LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  true  "auto"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  false "text"    $NL   CRLF  $MIX_CRLF_LF $MIX_LF_CR   CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  true  "text"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  false "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  true  "-text"   LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  false "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  true  "lf"      LF    CRLF  CRLF_mix_LF  LF_mix_CR    CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  false "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
+checkout_files    native  true  "crlf"    CRLF  CRLF  CRLF         CRLF_mix_CR  CRLF_nul
 
 test_done
-- 
2.2.0.rc1.790.ge19fcd2