Subject: [PATCH] sha1_file.c: make parse_sha1_header_extended() static

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 13:25:25 +0100

commit 9e1f5bc0 ("sha1_file.c: support reading from a loose object of
unknown type", 15-04-2015) added a new externally visible function
which does not require more than file scope. This causes sparse to
issue a warning message about this symbol. In order to suppress the
warning, add the static qualifier to the function definition.

[An alternative solution, if this symbol should have external scope,
is to add an external declaration for the function to the "cache.h"
header file (next to the one for parse_sha1_header()).]

Signed-off-by: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
---

Hi Karthik,

If you need to re-roll your patches in the 'kn/cat-file-literally'
branch, could you please squash this, or something like it, into
the relevant patch.

Thanks!

ATB,
Ramsay Jones

 sha1_file.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/sha1_file.c b/sha1_file.c
index 267399d..2b81534 100644
--- a/sha1_file.c
+++ b/sha1_file.c
@@ -1642,7 +1642,7 @@ static void *unpack_sha1_rest(git_zstream *stream, void *buffer, unsigned long s
  * too permissive for what we want to check. So do an anal
  * object header parse by hand.
  */
-int parse_sha1_header_extended(const char *hdr, struct object_info *oi,
+static int parse_sha1_header_extended(const char *hdr, struct object_info *oi,
 			       unsigned int flags)
 {
 	struct strbuf typename = STRBUF_INIT;
-- 
2.3.0