Subject: Re: git-p4 Question

From: Luke Diamand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:20:15 +0100

On 23/04/15 14:42, FusionX86 wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> I found a silly mistake I was making in the command I've been using.
> The folder under the depot should have been capitalized, but it
> wasn't. Also, I expected that if there was a problem with the command,
> it would fail with some message instead of creating an empty local git
> repo.

I would expect that as well - it will usually create the empty git repo, 
but it should then fail with an error message, like this:

$ git p4 clone //depot/main/nosuchpath
Importing from //depot/main/nosuchpath into nosuchpath
Initialized empty Git repository in 
/home/lgd/p4-hacking/git/nosuchpath/.git/
Doing initial import of //depot/main/nosuchpath/ from revision #head 
into refs/remotes/p4/master
p4 returned an error: //depot/main/nosuchpath/...#head - no such file(s).

$ echo $?
1

If you get a moment can you send your command output; if it's not doing 
something like the above, then it's a bug.

Thanks!

Luke