Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/5] ref_transaction_commit(): remove the local flags variables

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 00:22:36 +0200

On 04/24/2015 11:51 PM, Eric Sunshine wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 7:35 AM, Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Instead, work directly with update->flags. This has the advantage that
>> the REF_DELETING bit, set in the first loop, can be read in the third
>> loop instead of having to compute the same expression again. Plus, it
>> was kindof confusing having both update->flags and flags, which
> 
> s/kindof/kind of/
> 
>> sometimes had different values.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>

Hehe thanks for looking over my scribblings. In this case, neither
"kindof" nor "kind of" is in fact correct English. I used the slang word
"kindof" (sometimes spelled "kinda") to mean "somewhat", I guess because
"somewhat" sounded too formal for my slapdash opinion.

But I suppose it's kindof thoughtless to use slang in commit messages
:-), especially given that they are also meant for people for whom
English is a second language (let alone sloppy American English).

I suggest s/kindof/potentially/, at least until I have time to submit a
patch to the English language to make "kindof" a reputable word :-)

Michael

-- 
Michael Haggerty
[email-masked]