Subject: bug report : 2.3.5 ssh repo not found

From: Chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 06:57:28 +0100

Hello,

Using git version 2.3.5 with kernel 3.19.3-3-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 
I see the following error message when pulling or cloning a repo over ssh:

"""
git clone ssh://user@mydomain:/home/user/path/to/project.git
Cloning into 'project'...
ssh: Could not resolve hostname mydomain:: Name or service not known
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
"""

Obviously I changed the url to hide credential info

After ensuring DNS was OK and being able to ssh to that instance 
directly I tried downgrading git to my distro's last installed version 
of git version 2.2.2 and now I can clone / pull / push to/from that repo 
without issue.

Is this a bug?

Best,
Chris