Subject: Re: GSoC 2015: 2 accepted proposals

From: karthik nayak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 17:47:20 +0530

Hello to Everyone,

On 04/28/2015 01:20 AM, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The results just got offical: the Git organization has 2 students
> accepted for the summer of code 2015.
>
> Karthik Nayak will work on "Unifying git branch -l, git tag -l, and git
> for-each-ref" mentored by Christian Couder and yours truly.

Thanks a lot for accepting my proposal and giving me an opportunity to 
work with Git via GSoC. Can't express how excited I am.

As Matthieu mentioned I will be working on "Unifying git branch -l, git 
tag -l, and git for-each-ref". I plan to start off by going through the 
existing implementation of each of the above commands and come up with a 
design for unification for now. Also to take notes from Jeff King's 
attempt at unification[1].

I will be pushing all my work to my personal Git repository on Github[2].
Where anyone can get involved. Will also make sure to notify the mailing 
list on a regular basis on what is going on with my project.

Looking forward to work with Git and complete this project successfully.

Regards,
Karthik

>
> Paul Tan will work on "Make git-pull and git-am builtins", mentored by
> Johannes Schindelin and Stefan Beller.

Congrats Paul, I wish you the very best.

> Regards,

[1] https://github.com/peff/git/tree/jk/for-each-ref-contains-wip
[2] https://github.com/KarthikNayak/git