Subject: Re: Git Server Repository Security?

From: Sitaram Chamarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 06:05:53 +0530

On 05/18/2015 06:02 PM, John McIntyre wrote:

> All right, so I'm a bit confused.  I followed the instructions to get
> gitolite, and put a public key, placing it on the server.  I then
> run..
> 
> ***
> gitolite setup -pk server-git01_rsa.pub
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/git/repositories/gitolite-admin.git/
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/git/repositories/testing.git/
> ***
> 
> Our repositories are under /opt/git/n where n is the name of the repo.

Just use a symlink.  Move ~/repositories to wherever you want and then
create a symlink at ~/repositories that points there.

Apologies for replying to some of your other message here, but
do not use /bin/nologin as the shell.  It needs to be something that can
take "-c" parameter, so not even git-shell will work.  Since all access
is controlled by the forced command in the authkeys file, this is not an
issue so just use bash or sh or whatever.

sitaram