Subject: Re: git p4 clone - exclude file types

From: Luke Diamand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 07:49:01 +0100

On 19/05/15 08:38, FusionX86 wrote:
> Thanks Luke, looks like this does work for excluding files when using
> git p4. Great!
>
> Unrelated question...
>
> While using git p4 I have noticed that most of the time the clone/sync
> operations hang and I have to keep retrying. The Perforce depot I'm
> currently working with is larger than I'd like and has a lot of binary
> files which might be the cause. The point it gets to in the clone/sync
> is always random and doesn't ever stop on the same files or file
> types. Sometimes it'll die soon after starting, but other times it
> almost completes and then dies. If I keep retrying, it will eventually
> complete. I haven't been able to narrow down the cause, but I do
> notice that the git-fast-import stops right as the clone/sync dies.
> I'm wondering if git is overwhelmed and terminates. Have you ever seen
> this? Any suggestions?

Running out of memory?

Is this on a 32bit or 64bit system? How much virtual memory do you have?

Luke