Subject: seg fault in "git format-patch"

From: Bruce Korb <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 12:13:16 -0700

$ git format-patch -o patches --ignore-if-in-upstream 14949fa8f39d29e44b43f4332ffaf35f11546502..2de9eef391259dfc8748dbaf76a5d55427f37b0d
Segmentation fault
/u/gnu/proj/gnu-pw-mgr
$ git format-patch -o patches 14949fa8f39d29e44b43f4332ffaf35f11546502..2de9eef391259dfc8748dbaf76a5d55427f37b0d
patches/0001-remove-dead-code.patch
patches/0002-dead-code-removal.patch
patches/0003-add-sort-pw-cfg-program.patch
patches/0004-add-doc-for-sort-pw-cfg.patch
patches/0005-clean-up-doc-makefile.patch
patches/0006-clean-up-doc-makefile.patch
patches/0007-happy-2015-and-add-delete-option.patch
patches/0008-fix-doc-Makefile.am.patch
patches/0009-re-fix-copyright.patch
patches/0010-finish-debugging-remove_pwid.patch
patches/0011-only-update-file-if-something-was-removed.patch
patches/0012-update-NEWS.patch
patches/0013-bootstrap-cleanup.patch