Subject: Visualizing merge conflicts after the fact (using kdiff3)

From: Eric Raible <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 18:17:17 -0700

I'm running 1.9.5.msysgit.1, but this is a general git question...

Upon returning from a vacation, I was looking at what people had been
up to, and discovered on merge in which a colleague had resolved a merge
incorrectly.  It turns out that he has pushed *many* merges over the past
year which had conflicts in my code, and now I don't trust any of them.

So naturally I want to check each of them for correctness.

I know about "git log -p -cc SHA -- path", but it really doesn't
show just the conflicts so there's just too much noise in that output.

I use kdiff3 to resolve conflicts, so I'm looking for a way to
visualize these already-resolved conflicts with that tool.
As I said, there are many merges, so the prospect of checking
out each sha, doing the merge, and then comparing the results
is completely untenable.

Can anyone help?  Surely other people have wanted to review how
conflicts were resolved w/out looking at the noise of unconflicted
changes, right?

Thanks - Eric (raible at gmail )