Subject: Re: [PATCH] Revert "stash: require a clean index to apply"

From: Jonathan Kamens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 21:12:55 -0400

Um.

I encountered this issue in git 2.4.3 on Fedora 22.

These lines appear in /usr/libexec/git-core/git-stash on my Fedora 22 
system:

         git diff-index --cached --quiet --ignore-submodules HEAD -- ||
                 die "$(gettext "Cannot apply stash: Your index contains 
uncommitted changes.")"

They also appear in 
https://github.com/git/git/blob/69f9a6e54a46c4a75dff680047a465d04cca20ca/git-stash.sh#L445 
, which is the commit tagged v2.4.3.

In fact, it appears they were released in v2.4.2, at least according to 
https://github.com/git/git/compare/v2.4.1...v2.4.2 .

So it appears to me that this patch was, in fact, released in v2.4.x and 
therefore needs to be reverted in v2.4.x.

   jik

On 06/25/2015 08:27 PM, Jeff King wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 05:49:11PM -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
>
>> Is this revert going to be applied and released?
> It is on "master", and part of v2.5.0-rc0 (it is not part of v2.4.x, because
> the original problem was not there, either).
>
> -Peff