Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 0/7] ref backend preamble

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 07:02:43 -0700

On 07/09/2015 03:50 PM, David Turner wrote:
> The current state of the discussion on alternate ref backends is that
> we're going to continue to store pseudorefs (e.g. CHERRY_PICK_HEAD) as
> files in $GIT_DIR.  So this re-roll of the refs backend preamble
> doesn't do anything to pseudorefs.  It just does reflog stuff.
> 
> In addition, this version removes the over-aggressive die() on reflog
> update failure from v7.  It adds the REF_FORCE_CREATE_REFLOG flag, as
> Michael Haggerty suggested.  And it fixes commit message or two, as
> suggested.  I believe this addresses all comments I've seen on v7.
> 
> This addresses Johannes Sixt's concerns too, by removing the offending
> code.

I just reviewed the whole patch series. Aside from the minor points that
I commented on, it all looks good to me.

Reviewed-by: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>

Michael

-- 
Michael Haggerty
[email-masked]