Subject: Git crash on different versions, including current

From: Christian Soltenborn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 10:41:45 +0200

Hi everybody,

today I ran into a git issue on Windows 7/64. My directory structure
looks like this, and I wondered why the content of a dir wouldn't get added.

C:\Users\chris\git\GoogleTestExtension
-- .git
-- ConsoleApplication1 (new)
----- gtest-1.7.0 dir (does not get added)
----- stuff that has been successfully added
-- more stuff that's already under git control

So here's about what I did:
- Looked at it with Git Gui, noticed that gtest-1.7.0 is a submodule
- Deleted gtest-1.7.0/.git
- performed git add --all . within the gtest-1.7.0 dir => crash, output
below
- installed git 2.5.0
- uninstalled git 1.9.1
- deleted lock file
- performed git add --all . within the gtest-1.7.0 dir => crash, output
below

I could provide the according dir for reproducing the issue (I will now
zip it for reference) - if anybody is interested, drop me an email.

All the best
Christian

Output with git 1.9.1:

C:\Users\chris\git\GoogleTestExtension\ConsoleApplication1\gtest-1.7.0>git
add --all .
A
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Assertion failed: item->nowildcard_len <= item->len && item->prefix <=
item->len, file pathspec.c, line 317

Output with git 2.5.0:

C:\Users\chris\git\GoogleTestExtension\ConsoleApplication1\gtest-1.7.0>git
add --all .

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
A s s e r t i o n   f a i l e d !

 P r o g r a m :   C : \ P r o g r a m   F i l e s \ G i t \ m i n g w 6
4 \ b i n \ g i t . e x e
 F i l e :   p a t h s p e c . c ,   L i n e   3 1 7

 E x p r e s s i o n :   i t e m - > n o w i l d c a r d _ l e n   < =
 i t e m - > l e n   & &   i t e m - > p r e f i x   < =   i t e m - > l
e n--
Dylan Thomas: "An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much
as you do."