Subject: git clone in windows after a linux push

From: Daniele Mammarella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 10:25:18 +0200

Hi to all,
This is what i have done for initialize a local git archive, and a
remote git repository.

daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs $ mkdir provagit && cd provagit
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs/provagit $ git init
Inizializzato un repository Git in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/provagit/.git/
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs/provagit $ echo 1 > asd.txt
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs/provagit $ git add .
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs/provagit $ git commit -m "il mio primo commit"
[master (root-commit) 5c2cd93] il mio primo commit
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)
 create mode 100644 asd.txt
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs/provagit $ cd ..
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs $ cp -r ./provagit /mnt/tinfor/Sviluppo/
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs $ cd /mnt/tinfor/Sviluppo/
daniele@daniele-nb /mnt/tinfor/Sviluppo $ git clone --bare ./provagit ./provagit.git
Clone nel repository spoglio './provagit.git'...
fatto.
daniele@daniele-nb /mnt/tinfor/Sviluppo $ rm -rf provagit
daniele@daniele-nb /mnt/tinfor/Sviluppo $ cd /var/www/localhost/htdocs/
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs $ rm -rf provagit
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs $ git clone /mnt/tinfor/Sviluppo/provagit.git
Cloning into 'provagit'...
fatto.
daniele@daniele-nb /var/www/localhost/htdocs $

The problem i have noticed is that when i make my first "push" after
this commands from a linux machine to a remote repository,
If i try to clone that project from windows with git clone on git bash
no problem.
But if i try to clone from Git Gui on Windows it have problems because
it say to me that it can not resolve last commit SHA1.

I've tried to make also that process from windows:
inizialize a local git archive and a remote archive with git bash or
with git gui (so i dont write any commands with the gui), and i have the
same problem.
If a windows machine clone the project with the Gui from remote archive
BEFORE any push from the linux machine, its ok, i can push and fetch
from windows with the Gui and linux without any problems.
If a windows machine clone the project with the Gui from remote archive
AFTER the first push from the linux machine, bad requests (can not
resolve the last commit SHA1).

I thinks its a bug of Git Gui on Windows machine.
If it will be important, i use Windows 8 and Linux Gentoo.
I have on linux:
daniele@daniele-nb ~ $ git --version
git version 2.4.6

and on windows:
$ git --version
git version 2.5.1.windows.1

Hope to have your idea, thanks a lot!

-- 
Daniele Mammarella