Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH v1] Add Travis CI support

From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 18:40:11 +0200

On 25.09.2015 05:14, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:

>>> My idea is that the owner of "https://github.com/git/git" enables this account
>>> for Travis (it's free!). Then we would automatically get the test state for all
>>> official branches.
>>
>> The last time I heard about this "it's free" thing, I thought I
>> heard that it wants write access to the repository.
>
> It does not need write access to the git data, only to auxiliary GitHub
> data: commit status and deployment status (where it can put "this
> commit failed tests"), repository hooks (to set up build triggers),
> team membership (ro) and email addresses (ro).

Also, as Roberto explained at [1], "If you set up the webhook yourself, 
you don't need to grant the [repository hooks] permissions".

BTW, there's already an attempt at creating a .travis.yml file at [2].

[1] https://github.com/rtyley/submitgit/issues/16#issuecomment-120119634
[2] https://github.com/git/git/pull/154

-- 
Sebastian Schuberth