Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-p4: Handle p4 submit failure

From: Luke Diamand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:53:30 +0000

On 30/10/15 17:57, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Etienne Girard <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Yes, however if `p4 submit` fails the corresponding "Command failed"
>> error message is displayed, and the p4 error message itself is
>> displayed if any.
>> Tthe script will also terminate successfully if self.edit_template
>> returns false but it will exit with error code 1 if p4 submit fails.
>>
>> So the user will get "Command failed: [...]" followed by "Submission
>> cancelled, undoing p4 changes", to let him know that the script failed
>> because of p4 and that nothing was submitted.
>
> OK, then it sounds like all I have to do is to update the log
> message with the "How about this" version and correct the authorship
> to use your murex address, and then wait for reviews from real "git
> p4" reviewers.
>

Looks good to me. Nice use of try...finally.

One very small thing - test t9807-git-p4-submit.sh is now failing with 
this change.

That's because it tries to delete one of the files it created, but you 
are now deleting it already! Could you just update that please?

Thanks!
Luke