Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 25/25] refs: break out ref conflict checks

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 14:34:16 +0100

On 11/05/2015 05:22 PM, David Turner wrote:
> [...] But while looking at it, I
> noticed that the commit message doesn't look quite right (my fault):
> 
> On Thu, 2015-11-05 at 05:00 +0100, Michael Haggerty wrote:
>> Create new function verify_no_descendants, to hold one of the ref
>> conflict checks used in verify_refname_available. Multiple backends
>> will need this function, so move it to the common code.
> 
> The function is find_descendant_ref not verify_no_descendants.

Thanks for noticing.

Junio, if there are no more comments, would you mind

    s/verify_no_descendants/find_descendant_ref/

in the log message of this commit? And then, if you are also OK with the
new subdirectory introduced in this patch series, David and I seem to be
in agreement that it is ready to go. It would be great if this patch
series could be merged in a timely manner, as it will conflict with
nearly any other changes that people might want to undertake in the refs
code.

Thanks,
Michael

-- 
Michael Haggerty
[email-masked]