Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 25/25] refs: break out ref conflict checks

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 06:54:31 +0100

On 11/08/2015 06:03 AM, Michael Haggerty wrote:
> [...]
> I can see a few ways that we could make our series even more
> straightforward:
> 
> 1. Leave refs.c in its original location (as suggested by Junio).
>    Optionally, it could be moved at a later date when this area is
>    quiescent.
> [...]

I just tried this (it was less work than expected). It doesn't make the
merge conflict with lf/ref-is-hidden-namespace go away because the
functions in the new refs.c are ordered differently than in the old
refs.c. But it does turn it into a simple rerere-able conflict.

I'll check how much work it would be to make the order of functions in
the new refs.c match that in the old one...

Michael

-- 
Michael Haggerty
[email-masked]