Subject: [PATCH] http: fix some printf format warnings on 32-bit builds

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 00:23:06 +0000

Commit f8117f55 ("http: use off_t to store partial file size",
02-11-2015) changed the type of some variables from long to off_t.
The 32-bit build, which enables the large filesystem interface
(_FILE_OFFSET_BITS == 64), defines the off_t type as a 64-bit
integer, whereas long is a 32-bit integer. This results in a couple
of printf format warnings.

In order to suppress the warnings, change the format specifier to use
the PRIuMAX macro and cast the off_t argument to uintmax_t. (See also
the http_opt_request_remainder() function, which uses the same
solution).

Signed-off-by: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
---

Hi Jeff,

I don't compile on 32-bit as often as I did in the past, otherwise I
would have noticed this sooner. :(

ATB,
Ramsay Jones

 http.c | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/http.c b/http.c
index 42f29ce..2532976 100644
--- a/http.c
+++ b/http.c
@@ -1617,8 +1617,8 @@ struct http_pack_request *new_http_pack_request(
 	if (prev_posn>0) {
 		if (http_is_verbose)
 			fprintf(stderr,
-				"Resuming fetch of pack %s at byte %ld\n",
-				sha1_to_hex(target->sha1), prev_posn);
+				"Resuming fetch of pack %s at byte %"PRIuMAX"\n",
+				sha1_to_hex(target->sha1), (uintmax_t)prev_posn);
 		http_opt_request_remainder(preq->slot->curl, prev_posn);
 	}
 
@@ -1772,8 +1772,8 @@ struct http_object_request *new_http_object_request(const char *base_url,
 	if (prev_posn>0) {
 		if (http_is_verbose)
 			fprintf(stderr,
-				"Resuming fetch of object %s at byte %ld\n",
-				hex, prev_posn);
+				"Resuming fetch of object %s at byte %"PRIuMAX"\n",
+				hex, (uintmax_t)prev_posn);
 		http_opt_request_remainder(freq->slot->curl, prev_posn);
 	}
 
-- 
2.6.0