Subject: Re: Allow git alias to override existing Git commands

From: Jeremy Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:28:07 +0000

On 11/11/2015 04:48, Sitaram Chamarty wrote:
> A lot of things in Unix do follow that "give you rope to hang yourself"
> philosophy.  I used to (and to *some* extent still do) think like that,
> but some years of supporting normal users trying to do stuff has taught
> me it's not always that simple.
>
> I can easily see someone blogging some cool way to do something, and a
> less savvy user uses that in his gitconfig, and gets burned later
> (possibly much later, enough that he does not easily make the
> connection!)

We're not talking about "normal users" here, that's what Google Chrome 
is for.  We're talking about Git users using the commandline client. 
They ought to know what they're doing and if they don't, they're 
screwed anyway because there are quite a few gotchas with Git.

-- 
Best regards,
Jeremy Morton (Jez)