Subject: [PATCH 0/5] parse-options: allow -h as a short option

From: René Scharfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:19:30 +0100

The short option -h is hard-wired in parseopt to list the options of
a command together with a short explanation.  If -h is to be given a
different meaning then the flag PARSE_OPT_NO_INTERNAL_HELP has to be
specified, which turns off handling for -h, --help and --help-all
(except that --help handling is effectively overridden by git.c, but
that's a different story).

Most commands that do that, grep and show-ref in particular, still show
the usage when -h is specified as the only parameter and with --help-all
by  implementing explicit handlers for them.  This series makes it
easier for them by letting them override -h handling without any flag.

Rene Scharfe (5):
  parse-options: deduplicate parse_options_usage() calls
  parse-options: inline parse_options_usage() at its only remaining caller
  parse-options: allow -h as a short option
  grep: stop using PARSE_OPT_NO_INTERNAL_HELP
  show-ref: stop using PARSE_OPT_NO_INTERNAL_HELP

 builtin/grep.c     | 17 +----------------
 builtin/show-ref.c | 12 +-----------
 parse-options.c    | 40 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 parse-options.h    |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
2.6.3