Subject: Re: Corruption of branch?

From: Thomas Nyberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:33:03 -0500

What exactly are you looking for? Here's the results of the following 
command:

$ git for-each-ref | grep frus
1750cba5a94b3fe6041aaf49de430a558a3b9bc8 commit 
refs/heads/frus_body_cleaning
3a1dbe48299f6eda1cc4b69cab35284c0f0355eb commit	refs/remotes/origin/frus
1750cba5a94b3fe6041aaf49de430a558a3b9bc8 commit 
refs/remotes/origin/frus_body_cleaning

Sorry if this isn't what you're looking for. I'm actually not very 
familiar with these different internal git commands...

Regardless this looks to me exactly like what I'd expect given the 
current situation...it's as if I never checked out the "frus" branch at 
all (which I suppose is true since this is a fresh copy and "git 
checkout frus" didn't do anything).

Btw after checking out explicitly with `git checkout -b frus 
origin/frus`, things look as I'd expect.

$ git for-each-ref | grep frus
3a1dbe48299f6eda1cc4b69cab35284c0f0355eb commit	refs/heads/frus
1750cba5a94b3fe6041aaf49de430a558a3b9bc8 commit 
refs/heads/frus_body_cleaning
3a1dbe48299f6eda1cc4b69cab35284c0f0355eb commit	refs/remotes/origin/frus
1750cba5a94b3fe6041aaf49de430a558a3b9bc8 commit 
refs/remotes/origin/frus_body_cleaning

Btw just to test things a little more I deleted both the frus and 
frus_body_cleaning branches and tried to recheck them out, but the 
problem still persists.

Cheers,
Thomas

On 12/14/2015 03:18 PM, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> On ma, 2015-12-14 at 14:59 -0500, Thomas Nyberg wrote:
>> I'm guessing you're looking for namecollisions of some kind?
>
> I was thinking the same. Can you share the (sanitised) output of
>
> git for-each-ref?
>