Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] git-p4: fix for handling of multiple depot paths

From: Luke Diamand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 07:51:39 +0000

On 16/12/15 00:38, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> I'm actually surprised that the patch changes the order at all,
> since all it does is affect the decision (on a yes/no basis) to
> include a given file into a changelist. I'm going to have a look at
> that specific unit test, but of course as a user I'd prefer if the
> default behaviour could remain the same, unless it was actually a
> bug.
>

We ask for changes in
   //depot/sub1/...@1,6
   //depot/sub2/...@1,6'

which gives us [4, 6, 3, 5].

The old code used to sort this list but this change removes the sort.
Maybe putting the sort back would fix it?

> I'm not sure if my opinion as an outsider is of use, but since the
> perforce change number is monotonically increasing, my expectation as
> a user would be for them to be applied in order by the perforce
> change number.

In answer to James' question, the test checks that the most recent
change wins (i.e. applied in order).

Luke