Subject: Git issue report : issue with capital letter in folder name

From: PFDuc <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 10:45:25 -0500

Hello,

first of all thank you for developping git !

I had an issue with a capital block in the folder name inside my git 
repo. The folder in my local was named "Display" and the one at origin 
was named "display" resulting in error when importing python code from 
this folder for users who got the repo from origin.

I tried to change the folder name on bitbucket.org but I was unable to 
(or wasn't smart enough to find how to).

I fixed the issue by deleting the file from my local, then commit, then 
push, put the same folder in my local, then commit then push.

I am therefore only writing to tell you that story which is not so 
important, but I had the thought that because it is not so important 
maybe nobody reports that and the bug (if any) cannot be fixed.

Have a good day and happy end of year season!

Regards,

Pierre-François Duc
PhD candidate Physics McGill university