Subject: [PATCH] docs: clarify that passing --depth to git-clone implies --single-branch

From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 14:06:47 +0100

It is confusing to document how --depth behaves as part of the
--single-branch docs. Better move that part to the --depth docs, saying
that it implies --single-branch by default.

Signed-off-by: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-clone.txt | 9 ++++-----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-clone.txt b/Documentation/git-clone.txt
index 6bf000d..943de8b 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-clone.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-clone.txt
@@ -190,15 +190,14 @@ objects from the source repository into a pack in the cloned repository.
 
 --depth <depth>::
 	Create a 'shallow' clone with a history truncated to the
-	specified number of revisions.
+	specified number of revisions. Implies `--single-branch` unless
+	`--no-single-branch` is given to fetch the histories near the
+	tips of all branches.
 
 --[no-]single-branch::
 	Clone only the history leading to the tip of a single branch,
 	either specified by the `--branch` option or the primary
-	branch remote's `HEAD` points at. When creating a shallow
-	clone with the `--depth` option, this is the default, unless
-	`--no-single-branch` is given to fetch the histories near the
-	tips of all branches.
+	branch remote's `HEAD` points at.
 	Further fetches into the resulting repository will only update the
 	remote-tracking branch for the branch this option was used for the
 	initial cloning.  If the HEAD at the remote did not point at any
-- 
2.7.0.windows.1