Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] contrib/git-candidate: Add README

From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 21:50:14 +0100

On 10.11.2015 13:56, Richard Ipsum wrote:

> +Existing tools such as Github's pull-requests and Gerrit are already
> +in wide use, why bother with something new?
> +
> +We are concerned that whilst git is a distributed version control
> +system the systems used to store comments and reviews for content
> +under version control are usually centralised,

I think it's a bit unjust to unconditionally mention Gerrit in this 
context as you seem to imply that Gerrit does not store *any* review 
data in Git.

Even without Dave's upcoming notedb, Gerrit already stores refs/changes 
in Git, and with the reviewnotes plugin [1] also the outcome of a review 
in refs/notes/review.

[1] 
https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/reviewnotes/+/refs/heads/master/src/main/resources/Documentation/refs-notes-review.md

-- 
Sebastian Schuberth