Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2016, #02; Mon, 11)

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 08:07:23 +0100

Eric Wong venit, vidit, dixit 18.01.2016 22:39:
> Jeff King <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 02:35:24PM +0100, Michael J Gruber wrote:
>>> Junio C Hamano venit, vidit, dixit 12.01.2016 00:45:
>>>>
>>>> * mg/httpd-tests-update-for-apache-2.4 (2015-04-08) 2 commits
> 
>>>>  Will discard.
>>>
>>> Oh, sorry. Work killing me plus I was waiting for help, too.
>>
>> FWIW, I took a look at them a few months ago, but I couldn't reproduce
>> the problems in the first place. I think it has to do with the default
>> apache setup given by my system (debian unstable) versus others.
> 
> Ugh, I was meaning to look into these too (after upgrading to
> Debian Jessie), but maybe it needs to be tested on Fedora/RH-based
> configs?

It needs to be tested with a "default config" I think, in the sense of
"apache 2.4 default". Fedora seems to use the default config which is
different from earlier apaches' defaults.

Debian uses a config which is not the 2.4 default but makes switching
from earlier apaches easier.

Back then, I was only able to get half way to running the git svn tests
over http. I think I got our test suite to start http and run the git
over http tests that didn't run before on Fedora, but I couldn't get git
svn over http tests to run (so that they are run via local protocol
instead). I'll keep it in mind, though.

Michael