Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Replacing strbuf_getline_lf() by strbuf_getline() on trimmed input

From: Moritz Neeb <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 18:51:39 +0100

This series deals with strbuf_getline_lf() in certain codepaths:
Those, where the input that is read, is trimmed before doing anything that
could possibly expect a CR character. As the codepath after trimming can not
in any way expect a CR at the end of the line, because trim dropped it before
the change, this can be safely done.

The series is an idea out of [1], where Junio proposed to replace the calls
to strbuf_getline_lf() because it 'would [be] a good way to document them as
dealing with "text"'. 
Apart from a general review, I would be happy about comments how I can improve
this (and future) patches, as this is my first one. Especially I am not sure
about how many arguments from the discussion on the mailing list should be put
into the commits.

-Moritz

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/284104

Moritz Neeb (5):
  bisect: read bisect paths with strbuf_getline()
  clean: read user input with strbuf_getline()
  notes: read copied notes with strbuf_getline()
  remote: read $GIT_DIR/branches/* with strbuf_getline()
  wt-status: read rebase todolist with strbuf_getline()

 bisect.c        | 2 +-
 builtin/clean.c | 6 +++---
 builtin/notes.c | 2 +-
 remote.c        | 2 +-
 wt-status.c     | 2 +-
 5 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
2.4.3