Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 00/20] refs backend rebase on pu

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 20:39:56 +0000

On 04/02/16 20:25, David Turner wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-02-04 at 18:42 +0700, Duy Nguyen wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:08 AM, David Turner <
>> [email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Are there any more reviews on this?  I do have some changes from
>>> this
>>> set, but they're pretty minor so I don't want to post a new one
>>> (unless
>>> folks would rather see those changes before reviewing).  Let me
>>> know.
>>
>> Last note. Since this is new code, maybe you can wrap translatable
>> strings with _(), basically any visible string that machines do not
>> need to recognize.
> 
> Fixed, thanks. 

Another minor point, could you please squash this in:

diff --git a/refs.c b/refs.c
index 3d4c0a6..4858d94 100644
--- a/refs.c
+++ b/refs.c
@@ -17,7 +17,6 @@ static const char split_transaction_fail_warning[] =
 /*
  * We always have a files backend and it is the default.
  */
-struct ref_storage_be refs_be_files;
 static struct ref_storage_be *the_refs_backend = &refs_be_files;
 /*
  * List of all available backends

The above (on Linux, anyway) is a 'tentative definition' of the
refs_be_files variable and so a common symbol definition is issued
in refs.o. This then gets 'combined' with the *actual* symbol
definition in  refs/files-backend.c. So everything 'works', except
that I have used some unix (let alone non-unix) systems which would
not output a common symbol for the above and would fail to link
with a 'multiple symbol definition' error.

[Also note that an external declaration is already in effect from
the refs/refs-internal.h header file! ;-) ]

ATB,
Ramsay Jones