Subject: Re: git submodule should honor "-c credential.helper" command line argument

From: Marc Strapetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 14:48:07 +0100

On 07.02.2016 05:41, Jacob Keller wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Jacob Keller <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Ok so I am not sure we even really need to use "-c" option in
>> git-clone considering that we can just use the same flow we do for
>> setting core.worktree values. I'll propose a patch with you two Cc'ed,
>> which I think fixes the issue. There may actually be a set of
>> configuration we want to include though, and the main issue I see is
>> that it won't get updated correctly whenever the parent configuration
>> changes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jake
>
> I tried adding the config as part of module_clone in
> submodule--helper.c but it didn't pass the test I added. I haven't had
> time to look at this in the last few days, but I am stuck as to why
> submodule--helper.c appeared to not use module_clone as I thought.

I've tried to just comment out clearing of environment variables in 
git-sh-setup.sh, clear_local_git_env(). I've noticed that "-c 
credentials-helper ..." is stored in $GIT_CONFIG_PARAMETERS and with 
existing code is reset there. If not clearing the environment variables, 
at least "git submodule init" is working properly. I didn't try with 
other commands nor to run tests.

-Marc