Subject: How to merge branches with git-svn without loosing svn-properties

From: Juergen Kosel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 21:56:15 +0100

Hello,

could you please give me some recommendations how to merge two
branches in a git-svn repository, without loosing svn-properties?

As the git-svn man-page says:

> We ignore all SVN properties except svn:executable. Any unhandled
> properties are logged to $GIT_DIR/svn/<refname>/unhandled.log

Therefore I expect the following:
If branch A is merged by git into branch B any modified property
(except svn:executable and svn:mergeinfo) is not merged by git
automatically.
If I know that in branch A some property was set (e.g. svn-eol-style
or svn:keywords), than I could re-add the property manually by calling

	git svn propset

But usually I do not know. In this case it would be nice to have some
script which iterates over all files and compares the properties for
each file in the 2 branches.
Is there already such a tool?

Greetings
	Juergen