Subject: [PATCH] SubmittingPatches : WIP tag in patches

From: Pranit Bauva <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 14:05:22 +0000

---
 Documentation/SubmittingPatches | 4 +++-
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
b/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
index 98fc4cc..b2c7664 100644
--- a/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
+++ b/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
@@ -168,7 +168,9 @@ the closing bracket to mark the nature of the patch
is also
 encouraged.  E.g. [PATCH/RFC] is often used when the patch is
 not ready to be applied but it is for discussion, [PATCH v2],
 [PATCH v3] etc. are often seen when you are sending an update to
-what you have previously sent.
+what you have previously sent. [PATCH/WIP] is often used when some
+work is yet left to be done on the patch but you want to get the
+review on the completed part of the patch.

 "git format-patch" command follows the best current practice to
 format the body of an e-mail message.  At the beginning of the
-- 
2.1.4