Subject: GSoC 2016 Microproject

From: Sidhant Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 18:34:57 +0530

Hi everyone,

I'm Sidhant Sharma. I'm looking to participate in GSoC 2016 (and contribute  
to Git in general as well). I read up the pages relating to participation  
in GSoC and selected the microproject "Add configuration options for some  
commonly used command-line options". I have some queries regarding this  
though:

1. I believe the option can be added by a reassignment of the `verbose`  
variable in `parse_and_validate_options` function inside the  
`builtin/commit.c`. It can be a logical OR between the `verbose` (which was  
parsed by the argument parser) and the value obtained by using  
`git_config_get_bool("command.verbose", &opt_verbose)`. Am I thinking on  
the right lines?

2. Should I also add an option to override the configuration for verbose?

3. The microproject title suggests there can more such options, so are  
there more to be added?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sidhant Sharma [:tk]