Subject: Bypassing hooks while cherry-picking

From: greg0ire <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 12:01:53 +0100

Hello,

using git 2.1.4 here, and it seems there is no option to bypass 
pre-commit hooks while cherry-picking, while git commit provides a 
--no-verify option. I ended up doing this to disable hooks while cherry 
picking :

     test -f "$GIT_DIR"/CHERRY_PICK_HEAD && exit 0

Wouldn't it be best to add the --no-verify option to cherry-pick too?
I had a conflict when cherry-picking the commit, maybe this does not 
happen otherwise?

Steps to reproduce :

1. create a pre-commit hook
2. create a commit that fails the hook, and bypass the hook
3. checkout another branch
4. might be optional : create a conflicting change with the previously 
created commit
5. cherry-pick the commit
6. might be optional : solve the conflick and use git cherry-pick --continue

Regards,

--
greg0ire