Subject: [RFC/GSoC] Introduction

From: Sidhant Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:29:10 +0530

Hi everyone!

I am Sidhant Sharma, from Delhi, India. I'm a third year Software Engineering
student at Delhi Technological University. I am looking to contribute to
Git via GSoC 2016. I have also worked on one of the microprojects [1]. I've
been using git for nearly two years now, and continue to be surprised by the
vast number of features this powerful DVCS possesses. I want to contribute to
Git because it has become a daily-use tool for me and it feels exciting to
be a part of the community that makes effective collaborative development
possible.

I would like to work on the project titled 'Git Beginner mode', and have been
reading up the discussions that took place regarding this [2]. The reason I wish
to take this project in particular is that when I initially started out with
Git, and was still discovering how things really worked, I sometimes felt the
need for some sort of safety-latch to keep me from making destructive and/or
irreversible changes. So, this project gives me the opportunity to implement
something on these lines for the future beginners. I believe a lot of discussion
on the idea is due. I'm reading up on the commands that were mentioned on the
project page to better understand what the project entails, and trying to design
a solution for this, without making git harder to use or getting in the user's
learning. I would really appreciate your comments, suggestions and critique on
this.

Thanks and regards,
Sidhant Sharma

[1]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/288035
[2]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/285893/focus=286613